About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Monday 11 July 2011

By The Sea

Good morning everyone.
I made this card yesterday & have scheduled this post because I have work !!! still ... only 10 working days left, I then get 5 - 6 weeks off, YAY, that's what's good about working term time only. I get ALL the school holidays.


I have used my new stamps that I purchased off of Create & Craft. I must say that I am truly disappointed with their service. It has taken two weeks for them to send my stamps!!! I don't know why it takes sooo long. I have paid the postage. Anyone else had this problem?


Anyway enough of me moaning Lol


I have made my card for pink ink sketch challenge. It's their 1st ever challenge & they have lots of  prizes from different sponsors up for grabs & a blog hop too. This is a fortnightly challenge too, sooo, pop on over & join in.


For this challenge they want you to follow a sketch.


I will be entering my card into these following challenges too:
Crafty Purple Frog 'Summer Sun'
Ginger Loft Challenge 'Make it Sparkle'
Totally Gorjuss 'Something Summery'

Now onto my card

I have cropped my photos & changed the contrast & brightness.
Any tips greatly received.

IMAGES & SENTIMENT: Adorables Summer Collection 'By The Sea' by Jayne Nestorenko.

PROMARKERS: Used to colour images.

PAPERS: Odd bits from my stash.

SPELLBINDERS NESTABILITIES: Scalloped Ovals.


GLITTER CARD: Purchased from Alexander Palace 3 sheets for a £1.

CHARM: Recycled off of a broken necklace.

SPELLBINDERS NESTABILITIES: Scalloped Circles & Standard Circles.

RIBBON: Won as part of blog candy.

DIE-CUT BORDER STENCIL: Xcut 'Wave border' XCU239.

FLOWERS: Hand made ... Roses, used a medium flower punch, 5 pieces, then rolled them up on each other
Fringe, Xcut quilling die 'Long Fringe' XCU503107
(I coloured them with Promarkers)

CARD CANDY: Craft Work Cards

PEARLS: The hobby house

inside of card                                           

OVAL PUNCH: Woodware craft collection.

BORDER PUNCH: Martha Stewart 'Vintage Doily'.

I look forward to your comments & any tips too.

7 comments:

  1. oh hun this is one gorgeous card just love that image,and love all the sparkle on it too,know what you mean hun I had to wait nearly 4 weeks for my last purchase i emailed them,and all they said was the parcel was late leaving the warehouse and you have to allow 10 days for the item to arrive. I love the show but they really need to sort out the posting no point in having a great show,with lots of bargains,and the post takes nearly a month to get to you hugs cheryl xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sally,
    I love the bright colours and papers. Gorgeous image and embellishment. Fabulous punched borders.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card sally.the image is so sweet and i love your stunning summery colours and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card Sally, love your handmade flowers and all the little details. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful and very detailed make,
    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous and love the sparkle:)
    Thanks so much for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges and Good Luck :)
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete