About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Tuesday 9 August 2011

CDAC PROGRESSIVE FREEBIE CHALLENGES (cdacp1)

Hello everyone.


I must start by saying how saddened & angry I am with what the youths in England have been doing.
I live near Clapham Junction, Brixton, Sloane Square (The famous Kings Road) & the Houses of Parliment, Big Ben etc. I am more or less in the centre of all these locations. 
I am ashamed to be British!!!


My Son is a Special Police Constable & he has now been called up to police our streets. I am worried sick for his safety.


The Police cannot do right from wrong. My personnel opinion is that there should be a curfew for everyone, & if anyone is found on the streets after a certain time then they should be dealt with .... regardless. They should use cable ties to bound their legs together & their arms too. It is far too politically correct!!

Now.......
My card today is for the CDAC PROGRESSIVE FREEBIE CHALLENGE. (cdacp1)
The link is : http://priscillastyles.ning.com

I have used an image by Anne Fenton 'Ollie in tub'.
http://annescards4u.blogspot.com
Annes design name is: Anne's Digital Art.


This is open for everyone ..... sooo use the links above to become a member & take part. It's totally FREE.


Onto my card ...........


IMAGE: By Anne Fenton 'Ollie in tub'.

PAPERS: My Minds Eye 'Gertie Papers'.

SPELLBINDERS NESTABILITIES: Grand labels 1 - labels 1 - Standard Circles - Scalloped Circles.

PEARLS: Won as part of blog candy.

PROMARKERS: Used to colour image.

DISTRESS INK: 'antique linen' used around edges of white card & sentiment.

GLITTER PAPER: Used for flourishes - purchased from craft shop. 12 sheets - 3 colours in a pack.

SENTIMENT: by Crafty Sentiments.

FLOWERS: Purchased from 'Primark' was a head dress & I cut flowers off.

LEAVES: docrafts quilling die. 

FLOURISHES: Marianne design creaTables - LR0116.

BORDER: Marianne design creaTables - LR0103.

RIBBONS: Won as part of blog candy.

Thankyou for visiting my blog today & I look forward to your comments x





16 comments:

  1. This card is so pretty! The flourishes are fabulous and your colouring so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on this hun...from a girl from Hackney...and who lived 5 min from Mare Street/Clarence Road...I'm sickened with this awful violence/theft. I feel for you and your family..and I hope your son will be safe sweetie.. Oh and nearly forgot...your card is gorgeous Sally...

    sending big hugs....and be safe...Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, absolutely love the swirls......:))
    lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with everything you have said Sally, and I too am ashamed to be british.

    Your card is just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally gorgeous sweet creation..lovely image colouringgreat layout..lovely work..think there will be many peeps me included who feel the way you do..hope you your family & loved ones stay safe..

    smiles Christine xx

    ps am sending you an email..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally I am in total agreement with you but I think my form of punishment would be far worse. I love your beautiful card that image is so cute and a great design,
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not British, but I do totally agree with everything you said. I will pray your son is safe and all the riots will stop.

    You card is soooooo cute! Love the colors.

    Hugs,
    Dianne
    http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely gorgeous easel card! Love the earth tones and fabulous flourishes! The roses are the perfect touch!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your card is so sweet Sally, i love it!
    Totally agree with you on the mindless violence. My son who is 16 was saying that there should be a curfew and anyone seen in the street should be punished severly. I won't repeat what he told me :)
    I am not british but my children are and they are so ashamed.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi hun totally agree with what you say hun its just disgusting what they are doing,they should give them the cat of nine tales,that would sort them out hun I have family living in london,and rear for there safety too,just hope you and your son stay safe hun,i too would be worried sick,as for your card hun its just brilliant,the detail is just gorgeous take care,hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card sally.the image is so sweet and i love your colours :D
    i hope you are safe hun and that your son remains safe too.my heart goes out to all those who have been affected.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh qu'elle est charmante...biz

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO ADORABLE and your coloring is PERFECT! Great job! I'm so glad you've joined in on our Progressive Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great.. love the card.. just adorable. Thanks for playing the CDAC Progressive challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sally your card is gorgeous, I love the colours and the cute image! I'm totally 100% with you on your comments. My son is in Riot Unit I felt sick last week so know exactly how you feel Woo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous easel card!! Love your colors!
    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
    ~Ruza CDAC PCDT

    ReplyDelete