About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 27 years and have three children,aged 28, 26, and 21. I have been blessed with Three Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I am a create and craft member. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Sunday, 12 February 2012

Feel like a stranger!!

Good Sunday afternoon everyone x


I must say I feel a bit of a stranger to blogging world at the mo! I have had so much going on, super, super busy.
I thought I would update you in what's been going on.


I have now finished my term in two DT, For Fun & Delightful Challenges. I had so much fun being part of both.


My poor Staffie had to have another operation on Friday. It's only been 5 months since his last operation. The vet informed us that his liver & kidneys were fine, & that he is such a strong dog. He had not lost any weight either. Vinnie ended up having another 7 mass cell tumors removed.

My Daughter also had her Baby Shower yesterday. I made all the invites & shower favours.
This was a challenge, but did have fun & was pleased how they turned out.

I have already showed you the card I made, BUT, I have changed the info on the tag & completed the inside.

Close up of tag 
I used 'my craft studio' to type the info on the tag.

Inside of invite 
I have a disc that I purchased ages & ages ago for £1, called 'letter heads & envelopes', this is how I generated the inside of the invite.

Front of Shower Favours 
I used Cuttle Bug 'snowflakes' embossing folder.
The stars & brads I have had for ages in my stash.

I searched the net for ideas & found this fab Nappy Shower Favour.
From (paper pusher tutorials).


Back of Shower Favours 
I used Spellbinders Classic scalloped circles & standard circles.
Sentiment I found on the net, (cannot remember who from), sorry.


My Daughter's Baby Shower Cake. 

How Gorgeous is this?
My Cousin Julie made it. She just makes cakes for a hobby, pretty much what I do for my cards.
The Bottle, Dummies, Powder, Soap, Duck, Rattle, Teddy Bear & Booties, are not edible. Although they are made with icing, Julie adds something to them so as you can keep them as a keepsake.

The cake is made up of 3 whole sponge cakes layered on top of each other.
It tasted divine too.

Thanks for stopping by today.
I am on half term this week, so hopefully will do some catching up in blog land.
My lap top keeps playing silly buggers!! cuts off all by itself !
Me thinks its time to get a new one.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday where ever you are & shall pop on over to your blog real soon x