About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Sunday 12 February 2012

Feel like a stranger!!

Good Sunday afternoon everyone x


I must say I feel a bit of a stranger to blogging world at the mo! I have had so much going on, super, super busy.
I thought I would update you in what's been going on.


I have now finished my term in two DT, For Fun & Delightful Challenges. I had so much fun being part of both.


My poor Staffie had to have another operation on Friday. It's only been 5 months since his last operation. The vet informed us that his liver & kidneys were fine, & that he is such a strong dog. He had not lost any weight either. Vinnie ended up having another 7 mass cell tumors removed.

My Daughter also had her Baby Shower yesterday. I made all the invites & shower favours.
This was a challenge, but did have fun & was pleased how they turned out.

I have already showed you the card I made, BUT, I have changed the info on the tag & completed the inside.

Close up of tag 
I used 'my craft studio' to type the info on the tag.

Inside of invite 
I have a disc that I purchased ages & ages ago for £1, called 'letter heads & envelopes', this is how I generated the inside of the invite.

Front of Shower Favours 
I used Cuttle Bug 'snowflakes' embossing folder.
The stars & brads I have had for ages in my stash.

I searched the net for ideas & found this fab Nappy Shower Favour.
From (paper pusher tutorials).


Back of Shower Favours 
I used Spellbinders Classic scalloped circles & standard circles.
Sentiment I found on the net, (cannot remember who from), sorry.


My Daughter's Baby Shower Cake. 

How Gorgeous is this?
My Cousin Julie made it. She just makes cakes for a hobby, pretty much what I do for my cards.
The Bottle, Dummies, Powder, Soap, Duck, Rattle, Teddy Bear & Booties, are not edible. Although they are made with icing, Julie adds something to them so as you can keep them as a keepsake.

The cake is made up of 3 whole sponge cakes layered on top of each other.
It tasted divine too.

Thanks for stopping by today.
I am on half term this week, so hopefully will do some catching up in blog land.
My lap top keeps playing silly buggers!! cuts off all by itself !
Me thinks its time to get a new one.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday where ever you are & shall pop on over to your blog real soon x


7 comments:

  1. brilliant picture and great favours looks like talent runs in the family loving the cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sally...and you have been a busy bee hun...lol...

    take care..big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh super post Hun,love the picture,and they are amazing favours,and that cake is just brilliant Hun,love it hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poor dog! Hope he will be fine. I believe that it's the same breed my brother have. But I have not meet the dog yet. He will be about four months old by now. The cake is stunning and so are your invites.
    Hope you're doing fine!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been super busy. Favours are lovely and the cake is amazing. Hope your staffie makes a full recovery.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All creations for the baby shower are gorgeous. The cake is superb! Good luck with Vinnie. Always feel sorry to see a dog like this (although it is necessary). Regards Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw i hope vinnie is better soon and your baby shower invites and favours are gorgeous, really pretty :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete