About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Monday 2 April 2012

Mother's Day Card

Good Evening everyone,


I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the lovely comments on my 'Proud Nanny' post, I loved reading them all & it really made me up x


I will have to change my profile picture coz I have coloured my hair to dark brown ....... I still jump a bit when I look in the mirror Lol, just gotta used to it. Still, hubby thinks he has a new bird Lol. Even when we went out to the cocktail bar on Saturday evening (our regular watering hole), the waitress took time to come over to us, when she did, she commented that she thought I was some one else !!! Lol


Anyway, today was my 1st proper day to the start of my two weeks off. I had a good sort out of my crafting stuff on my front room table. Even though it was tidy, it was just getting higher Lol.


The card I am showing you today is the card I made for my Mum for 'Mother's Day'. I have just not had time to upload it!
I shall be going there tomorrow evening with hubby for a few nights. Shall miss the baby though x


Here is my card :-


IMAGE: 'Sprout' by Mo Manning.

SHAPED CARD: Won as part of blog candy.

PAPERS: All from 'nitwits' apart from plain pink.

SPELLBINDERS NESTABILITIES: Scalloped Rectangles & Scalloped Circles.

FLOWERS: Large rose from Primark (off a head dress), Small roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.

LEAVES: Marianne Design Creatables LR0156.

SENTIMENT: Produced on laptop.

PROMARKERS: Used to colour image.

BORDER DIE: Xcut 'Margaret'.

FLOWER GEMS: Purchased ages ago. May have come from a Docrafts goody bag.

RIBBON: Purchased from local craft shop on a reel.

I shall be entering my card into the following challenges

Simon Says Stamps - (anything goes).
joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.co.ukJoanna Sheen - (Spring/Easter).
Crafty Purple Frog - #37 (Anything Goes).
The Secret Crafter - (A Shaped Card).
Southern Girls - #41 (You got something you wanna say?).
Make it Monday - (anything goes).

Thanks for stopping by my blog today & putting up with all my waffle.
Look forward to reading your comments x

19 comments:

  1. vraiment elle est adorable, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh such a sweet card and thrilled you are feeling like a new woman too, since I went back dark I have had so many wonderful comments that I feel wonderful all the time
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Sally, the sentiment is perfect
    BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card and great sentiment.
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops and thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sentiment to go with a gorgeous Mother's Day card.

    Congratulations on the birth of little Eddy, he's adorable - it's fun being a grandparent.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Hun this is just gorgeous love the image,and that sentiment is brilliant hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous Sally! Love the sentiment, beautiful.
    what a coincidence! I've changed my hair colour as well on saturday to dark brown, i was fed up of the blond and i quite like it, my natural colour is not as dark but everyone loves it. You can see it on my blog now.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so stunning sally.really gorgeous colours and details and i love the image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Sally..
    I've been your follower for a long time..
    Thanks for joining my candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Gorgeous! Thank you for playing at The Crafty Purple Frog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww....so sweet! Thank you so much for linking up with MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM...the more comments left, the greater your chance of winning the second prize! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous easel card Sally, love the image and the beautiful verse inside!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Sally, what a lovely image and what a Fabulous card ,I love it . Fabulous design and the colours are beautiful.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. vERY PRETTY! THANKS FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG..Im a new follower now:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful and loving card. Thanks for sharing. Saw your card posted on Make It Monday. Gloria

    Check out my blog:
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute, love that image, so perfect... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and the pretty colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sally

    Wonderful card, such a sweet image. Pretty papers too.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete