About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Saturday 26 May 2012

Memory Scrap Page


Hello every one & thanks for stopping by my blog today, Mwaah x


If you are interested in entering my blog candy, you can do so HERE.


It is a glorious day here today, well it has been all week, yippee. I do love this weather.


I seem to have vanished off of blog land just lately ! 
As you all know, my Daughter had her baby & she still lives at home with us. She is brilliant with him, but I don't know why, there don't seem to be enough hours in the day. I work in a Nursery school Full Time & by the time I get home & shower, eat, cuddle Eddy etc, etc, it's time for bed!!!
I feel like it's me who's had a baby Lol.


Any way. My Daughter's friend's Nan died, & she asked if I could do a memory page for her. She only had a small photo of her Nan, but she went & got it enlarged & asked me to work on a colour scheme of the flowers in the photo.
I felt very nervous !!! coz if I made a mistake I could ruin it. It's not like when we make a card, it can be binned & start again.


Tiffany (my Daughter's friend) loved it, & was giving it to her Granddad to put above his fire place.


Here it is .........
Completed page out of frame
PAPERS: Had for ages. Ordered from QVC when I first started crafting.
DISTRESS INK: I used 'Antique Linen' on the heading, verse & flourishes.

Page in picture frame 
BORDER PUNCH: By Tonic Studio. (These punches are so easy to use).

Close up of punched out flowers 
FLOWERS: Nellie Snellen 'Jumbo Rose', & Joy crafts die.
LEAVES: Marianne design creaTables: LR0156.

Close up of Flourishes 
FLOURISHES: Marianne design creaTables LR0116,(I added several together).

Close up of co-ordinating corners 
CORNERS: Nellies multi frames MFD027.

PEARLS: All pearls were purchased from Mei Flower.

I shall be entering this into the following challenges
Aud Sentiments - #55 (Any Sentiment).
Southern Girls - #45 (Dying to die cut (or punch).
Creative inspirations - #164 (Anything Goes).
Dies to die for - #4 (Anything goes with a die cut). 

I do hope you all have a good day & look forward to reading your comments & visiting you too x

11 comments:

  1. So beautiful Sally...your daughters friend must of been delighted with it....:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you added the close up details...so delicate and oh so pretty. I am sure this will be treasured by your daughters friend! Lovely job Sally! ♥ Sue K

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Hun,this is just so beautiful love the gorgeous photo,Hun and all the delicate,colours too hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i'm so sorry to hear that, but your page is gorgeous and i know will be treasured!

    so? how r u? sure hope all is well. thank you so much for stopping by my blog. always good to see you.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty piece. It's really lovely and will be treasured forever. Well done.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout Sally, thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sally, What a fabulous keepsake. I'll bet he looks at it fondly every day. Such a wonderful layout.
    Let's see, make a card,.....Hug your beautiful Grandson....no brainer really, you'll be forgiven for going awol for a while.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a wonderful idea and you did a perfect job on the piccie!
    xoxo, Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely layout, you did her proud. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    Helen DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this lovely layout with us at SGC! Great idea on putting it in a frame!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant page Sally that picture is gorgeous the colours, design and LO look terrific, love it in the frame.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete