About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Friday 24 August 2012

1st Steampunk card

Hello there & thanks for stopping by my blog today x

I thought I would make a card out of my comfort zone!! BUT I actually enjoyed making it. Just hoping I have used the right sort of colours!!

I did want to make just a card front (like Sue demonstrating spellbinders dies on Create & Craft). When she said
 " why waste good card", I thought she was right.

I did end up buying the big bundle of Spellbinder's dies!! with hubby's permission (honestly). Hopefully it arrives today.

Anyway, did the card front BUT only forgot how Sue did the easel bit!! SOOO ended up doing a proper card Lol.

Anyway here it is ...........


Inside to complement the front 



WHAT I USED:

IMAGE: Freebie from Vince. (Steampunk Mary1).

PROMARKERS: Used to colour image.

CARD: White - From Alexander Palace. 12 x 12 sheets & only paid £5 for a pack. (shall look for more in a few weeks time).
Gold - Anna Marie designs. (again purchased @ Alexander palace, 3 packs for £10).
Black - from £1 shop.

PAPERS: Off of one of my CD's. Not sure which one BUT had saved images on my external hard drive. All I can tell you is that they are background papers, numbers 65 & 115 (sorry).

RIBBON: Won as part of blog candy.

COG DIES: Tim Holtz Alterations 'Gadget Gears'.

PEARLS: From Meiflower.

CARD CANDY: From Craft work cards.

BRONZE EMBELLISHMENTS: Purchased off Ebay a while ago now.

WATCH IMAGE: From Steampunk style digital stamps. The designer is: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. Have a look HERE.

DISTRESS INK: Tim Holtz 'antique linen'.

I shall be entering my card in to the following challenges:

Dream Valley - (Steampunk).
That Craft Place - (vintage).

Thank's for taking time to read post & I look forward to reading your comments. I shall be over to see you too x

Only one week left until I am back to work!!!! Boo Hoo, Lol.

19 comments:

  1. This is a great steampunk card Sally, I love your cogs and fab image and you have decorated your card beautifully on the inside as well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great steampunk card! Love all of the different elements you've used and your coloring looks great.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your fab details Sally, great card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My didn't you do amazingly ! what a super 1st steam punk card I bet you are hooked now Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a terrific steampunk card! I love those gadget gears! The image is fab, too - what a fantastic hat! I really like the inside of your card, too, it must have taken a while to do, but it looks so effective. Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally this is fabulous what a great image and design loving the colours and the embellishments a super Steampunk card
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous card Sally! Love it!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous steampunk card, love the inside too. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card! I really like the coins you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab steampunk card Sally.

    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Sally, I like the image, the cogs and the coins wonderful inside too
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sally, you did fabulous with your first one hun. Lots of fab detail.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sally this is awesome. I have never attempted steam punk. I am not sure I would know where to start. Hope to see you this time at Ally Pally.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh hun this is one brilliant steam punk card I love the image,and the papers you have used brilliant inside too love it,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous work Sally, all so perfectly thought out.

    Enjoy bank holiday Monday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card, you've captured both the steam punk and the vintage feel. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place with your wonderful card.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, fab card- I think the colours are great, the rich gemstone tones look fab with the steampunk brass elements!! :)
    Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight at Dream Valley!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete