About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Wednesday 15 August 2012

My first Candle

Hello there x

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Today I decided to have a go at adding an image to a candle. I have been told verbally what to do when I attended the 'Craft Barn Extravaganza' & I have looked up videos on 'you tube'.

I must say I was quite pleased with how it turned out. 
What do you Think? Any tips how to make the colours brighter, or is this how it is when it get's transferred ? I did do a bit more high lighting once it was on the candle!


I shall be entering my candle into the following challenges:
LOTV- Ideas to inspire - Anything but a card competition.

WHAT I USED:

IMAGE: Unmounted rubber stamp from LOTV.

PROMARKERS: Used to colour image.

PEARL: From Meiflower.

FLOWERS: Mixture from WOC, craft shop & won as part of blog candy.

CANDLE: From £1 shop (just in case in went wrong)!!

I think these candles would make ideal Christmas presents.

Look forward to reading your comments & shall be over to visit you too x

21 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Sally....must try this myself hun :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooo so pretty great creations
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first candle looks awesome ! A shame to burn it ! Hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete


  4. Totally gorgeous Sally.

    Colours looked really good in your photograph and probably better than I've ever achieved, I never seem to be able to get a really strong colour.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sally this is fabulous I have wanted to do this for ages , must get some of the tissue paper and have a go you used such a pretty image well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous Sally,love the image and fab colours.You are braver than me,I haven't tried this yet.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sally,love your candle,it's gorgeous!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous candle; I think the colours are beautiful. Regards, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful Sally. I love the image and the colours are so pretty.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my card today. Your cards are fabulous - I am your newest follower!!

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gosh this is just gorgeous Hun,super image and love the colours,perfect as you say for, presents,love it hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Sally, love that image and your colours look great to me :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous... Brillant image & colours..this will be a wonderful present for a lucky person.. Just joined as a follower as to visit again soon.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sally this is absolutely fantastic and very beautiful, how clever of you to do a candle and with such a gorgeous image, I love the added flowers this is amazing.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors look perfect to me on my computer screen! Beautiful job.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks lovely. Did you use C&C tissue paper? I've tried it with stuff I bought locally & didn't get the results I'd hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Sally, well done you. I haven't done one of these. Yours has turned fab especially as it is your first time of doing it.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you should be more than 'quite pleased' with your candle Sally, it's so pretty - such a lovely image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous candle sally.stunning image and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sally, well done! It is lovely and I think the colour is fine. love Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! this is fabulous, I would never have guessed it was your first, just brilliant
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete