About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Tuesday 21 December 2010

I am on the mend ....

Hello all my fellow bloggers xx

I am out of hospital now. I had to have an hysterectamy!! Luckily for me they did keyhole surgery.
I had to be at St. Thomas Hospital on Friday 17th for 7am, they took me down for the op at 8.30am.
I had to stay in bed... obviously... for the whole day, but, on Saturday the needles came out my arm & the cafita too, thank god.
I was up & walking within half an hour, & I have only been taking anti-inflamitary tablets & paracetamol for pain relief, I did not want to take morphine, I did not need to.

I was allowed home on Sunday evening, so was sitting comfy on my sofa by 6pm, with a nice cuppa x

I do have to still take things easy, cannot do much for a few weeks, hubby is home looking after me, he has been a diamond... actually he is my DIAMOND xx

I recieved my Spellbinders Callibar on Monday BUT cannot play with it yet.... maybe in a few days !!
Can anyone tell me if the large GO KREATE DIES can be used in this machine? I have looked on spellbinders website, but does not give any info on it!

I will be putting up another post later because a fellow blogger Pat has sent me a lovely parcel which I recieved this morning. Gotta share it all with ya LOl xx

Oh I almost forgot .... here are some pics of my view from my hospital ward ... could not get a view like this from any hotel xx



Big Ben all lit up on Friday evening (17th dec).

Saturday 18th Dec after a heavy snowfall. We could not see out of the window at all!! So heavy & thick.





Even though we had snow & more heavy snow predicted, people still enjoyed a walk over Westminster Bridge and bought tickets to go on the boat rides down the River Thames & open top buses.

To think, I only live ten minutes ride on the bus from all these lovely buildings. We take it for grantage really, but we do have a beautiful city x

Hugs to all Sally x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sally, so glad you are on the mend. Such beautiful pics, and wow what a view. I love London, we come over quiet often so reminse our kindling love lol. When me and the hubby started seeing each other, we often took a trip to London to get away from it all and have fun lol x We have some beautiful memories of London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,glad to hear your doing fine
    I love Londen,if been there a couple of times,and I did the tour on the Theems
    Take care
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally,

    So glad to hear you are back at home and on the mend. Take things really, really easy and let that Diamond of yours do the work. Your pics of London are fab - we do tend to overlook what a beautiful city it really is.

    Have a great Christmas,

    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon. I had a hysterectomy in 2003. It takes a while to get your strength back so hang in there. I will be praying for you. Have a nice, relaxing day. Love the photots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Sally (again lol),
    Poor you! I hade a hysterectomy 4 years ago (I was 36!), but it was the best thing ever!.I was out of pain, no more flooding and I did get over it quiet quickly. It was such a relief to know my pre-cancer cells were gone too, and I could lead a good, healthy life.
    Take care hun, and take things easy and have a good Xmas,
    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sally - glad you are on the mend - its a long process though.
    I bet you are itching to get crafting again - i know i would be.
    fabby views from your hosptial window and yea you are right, we take where we all live for granted.
    Take care, stay warm and dont overdo it - looking forward to our new challenges in the new year on FFC , Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sally,
    Thanks for taking part in my candy. Fingers crossed for you - and I hope you enjoy being a follower and seeing some of my cards. Sorry to hear about your hysterectomy and glad to hear you're on the mend. St Thomas' is such a good hospital - I had my radiotherapy treatment there.
    Also - you can use gokreate dies in the grand calibur - have a look on Bev's blog here: http://bevscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/12/lotv-christmas-carols.html

    Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and healthy new year.
    Hugs,
    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you're on the mend! Those are wonderful photos.
    hugs
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete