About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Thursday 21 April 2011

Tie the Knot

I have had this card made for ages now..... I shall be entering it into the Polkadoodle's Challenge 15, which is 'Tie the Knot'. This challenge closes Sun 24th April 12 noon GMT.
Me & hubby met up with two fellows in our local pub. Each week we chatted more & more & have now become very good friends with them.
On Saturday 26th March, they tied the knot in Glasgow. They only had 14 relatives attend the ceremony, they did not want it tooo big.
I pumped them on their suit colours etc etc.

Me & hubby wanted to buy them a gift too, but Ricky & George said NO GIFTS.... soooo we had a cake made for them. Weeell... it was edible & took up no space... less & less as it got eaten Lol

An old work colleague makes cakes as her hobby.
http://www.cakings.co.uk/ Marsha.J (cake engineer)

I gave her templates of the suit, stamped out the cushion several times & provided her with the ribbon.
I wanted the cake a replica of my card.

Well here are the piccys...... My card 1st then cake.....

SPELLBINDERS NESTABILITIES: Grand labels 1

GOLD MIRRY BOARD: Purchased from local craft shop.

PAPER: Papermania - A4 linen paper pack 'A Christmas Carol' ...


SUIT: A ready made topper that I pulled apart to make my own templates. (I added the lines myself).

CARD FOR SUITS: Purchased from local craft shop 12" x 12".

GOLD BUTTONS: Peel offs.

RINGS ON CUSHION STAMP: Purchased off Ebay ages ago.

SENTIMENT: Old stash.

RIBBON: Purchased from local craft shop.... was white & coloured with a promarker.



The cake tasted delicious... they brought us some back from Glasgow & they were both over the moon with the card & cake.

13 comments:

  1. Hello, just popping in to say thank you for entering my blog candy!!
    Good Luck!!

    Your project is beautiful!!!

    Hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling!! Love those outfits!! :) I've not seen something like this before!! Very clever and well done!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you come back again! Smiles, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, this is a lovely story! What a great idea to have a cake to match the card....both card and cake look fab! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally what a fabulous thing to do for the couple Im sure they were so pleased with not only the card but the gorgeous cake. Its nice to know you care. with hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is wonderful, Sally! How very creative. Congratulations to the happy couple!!

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cake and card are both lovely. I wish your friends all the best for the future. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creations Sally and such a lovely story too hun...I can see why they loved them..

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic card sally and the matching cqke is perfect.glad your friends had a special day :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Sally and the cake is really fab! I am sure they loved it.
    I wouldn't mind to meet one day for a coffee and you get your tea :) Why not in Wimbledon, i like this place, there is a french cafe where they sell some delicious chocolate bomb!mmmmmm only talking about it makes me mouth water.
    Have a nice week-end.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply beautiful, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete