About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Just a catch up

Hello everyone x

I have not been 100% since Thursday. Had a bad headache, which has not totally left me yet, & an upset tummy!
I have not been to work for a couple of days, but shall be going back tomorrow. At least my tummy's settled down, feel I can deal with an headache.

I have some sad news too. Yesterday I had to have Harvey, my yorkie put to sleep. He was my Husbands Mum's dog. We took him on when his Mum passed 7 yrs ago.
We really don't know how old he was, but I am sure if he was a human, he would have received a letter from the Queen.
He fell down the stairs last week & we believed he had knocked himself out. Since Friday evening, he has been having a fit. It really is not a nice thing to witness.
The vet did some blood tests. His BP was fine & she said for a dog his age he had good liver & kidneys. It was a tumour in his head.
We shall really miss him, he was a real character & the house seems empty without him already.
Harvey leaning on Vinnie


On another note ......

During the Easter Hols, I donated all my cards I had made to the Royal Marsden in Sutton. My Dad was being treated for his cancer here. We lost Dad 3 yrs ago.

I had a total of 95 cards. 35 I had made boxes for, quite a few had envelopes & cellophane sleeves, & the rest just envelopes.

 I received a touching letter from them last week, which really made my day.

I shall be back later today or tomorrow with a card that will fit perfectly in to two new challenges.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I shall pop on over & visit you too x

7 comments:

  1. oh Hunny I am so so sorry about the loss of your dog oh HUn I know exactly how you feel sweetie,oh bless his heart I still miss Rex he was such an amazing,dog,and I loved him to bits,so know how hard this is,
    Hun it does get easier,but the loss never goes away,well done on all the cards you have made Hun that is one massive achievement,well done you and know your dad would be so proud of you.
    Thanks Hun for you wonderful and kind comments you are such a star take care Hun all my love,and hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so sorry for you losing a dear friend like that. They really grow in as a part of the family. You are in my toughts.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your loss Sally.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel well, and I lost my dad 14 years ago.
    I still miss him.
    hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your headache is gone! I am so sorry for the loss of such a wonderful friend. Its hard even when they are old, to not have them there for us. Thats really cool about ur cards you made for the hospital. Thats a nice thing to do. Take care, Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea...and a great tribute to your Dad!

    ReplyDelete