About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Friday 22 June 2012

Crochet Blankets

Hello there & thanks for stopping by my blog today, it's much appreciated x


Today I am going to show you the blankets that I have made for my grandchildren. I must say that they were quite hard to photograph!!


I do not follow a pattern. When I was a little girl my Aunt Bluey (Charity) being her real name, showed me how to crochet. I hold the hook cack handed and do not have a scooby what crochet stitches I use Lol
Sadly my Aunt Bluey passed several years ago now, but her memory lives on when ever I crochet. Thanks for teaching me that skill xx


This is my Grandson's pram

So I chose these colours for his pram. 

This is for my Grand-daughter 

I decided to make one for her dolls pram that she got for her 1st birthday
I used excatly the same wool
BUT
for some reason the photo's look like they are different shades!! 
Still need to finish by adding some more satin flowers.

I have now finished writing my school reports (thank goodness). I did work hard to get them completed & it feels lovely to know I can now catch up with my blogging friends and do some crafting x

12 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous Sally... and what a lovely feeling finishing your reports too hun :o)

    have a lovely weekend...big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what fabulous blankets, you have been busy. Haven't done any crocheting in ages and I never followed a pattern either cos I couldn't.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally,
    Sorry I have not visited recently but for some reason your posts have not been showing up in my reading list - Mr Blogger obviously playing up as usual :0(
    Am loving your blankets, especially like how you have added flowers to the corners.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blankets Sally.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow Hun how stunning are these,gosh really admire,people who can do this kind of thing,and these are true works of art Hun,just brilliant,and bet they just love them,too bits,hope you are okay Hun,love hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww these are beautiful Sally, you are so clever .. I've never learnt how to crochet. .. and well done too on finishing the school reports. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful Sally.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous Sally you are very talented. I am very tired just got back from hols.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your blankets are gorgeous Sally! I like the addition of satin flowers, very beautiful. I hope you are having a great week-end.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely blankets you made; I am sure your granddaughter will adore the one for her doll's pram.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sally these are gorgeous I love the colours of each one I bet they are lovely and cosy they will be treasured for years to come I am sure.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I am so envious you had a great teacher they are all so beautiful ! One day I will learn lol ;0) x

    ReplyDelete