About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Sunday 17 June 2012

Sad News


Hello every one and thanks for stopping by my blog today.

On Friday I had to have my Staffie (Vinnie) put to sleep. This was sooo heartbreaking & me & hubby cried like babies. We gave him almost 4 yrs extra life. We had paid out for operations to have his mass cell tumors removed (Cancer), But unfortunately it got the better of him. It's such an awful disease.
I cannot believe that we have lost 2 dogs in the space of a month n half.

I have a card made ready to up load & hopefully will do this tomorrow. I also have some pics to show you of the crochet blankets I have made for my Grand children.

It's the time of year to write reports for our children at nursery. I am half way through !!! It is so time consuming. I am sure I will have to add bits & pieces once I have had them proof read ! lol

well that's it from me until tomorrow x

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sally I am so very, very sorry to hear about the loss of Vinnie my heart goes out to you. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a beloved pet. My little doggy is now 17 and I have to make a decision about him soon but I just cannot say goodbye just yet. I am thinking of you, take care
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sally, how awful for you, I know how upset you must be, they are part of the family.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sincere condolences for the loss of your beloved dog. It is always sad to have to let go of your best friend and 2 so soon after each other. I know how you feel; but please remember the good times and the pleasure. In the end the good memories are a real treasure. Regards, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this sad news Sally! At least now he is not suffering anymore and has joined Harvey. Oh this is so sad! A pet is always an important part of the family. There is so little one can say, but my heart goes out to you.
    warm hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sally, I am so sorry to hear about your Vinnie. Losing a long time friend and playmate is always hard. dww

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear your news Sally. It is heartbreaking when that happens as they become such a big part of the family.
    Thinking of you.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry to hear you sad news sally.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh sweetheart I am so so sorry Oh Hun I know exactly how you feel Hun and my heart goes out too you,I still miss my Rex terribly bless his heart,it gets easier but too be honest Hun you never ever forget them I miss him every single day,you take care sweetie,email me if you want too,hugs Cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  8. toute mon amitiƩ est pour toi, biz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sally. So sorry to hear about your staffie. We lost our little papillon this month he was just over 18 years old. When they are part of the family it is more than heartbreaking when we lose them.Hugs Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sally, thank you for your lovely comments and for becoming a follower of my blog.
    I am so sorry to read about your dogs, I have a westie and I know I would be heartbroken if anything happened to him, so my sympathies are with you and your hubby.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear your news.I know how devistating it can be to loose a much loved part of your family. Lost my horse 3 years ago now and it totaly broke me. She was the reason i got up in the morning and a very big part of my life and my familys. the days get easier and the memorys come with smiles of what you had and the tears stop falling eventualy. take care
    klare
    :O)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Thanks for following my blog and taking time to comment ;0) so here I am following you too !! So sorry to hear about Yinnie it really is heartbreaking ! I have two pets and dresding when that day comes ! Looks like you have lots to keep your mind off it ;0) Crafty Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sally, i'm so sorry for your loss, been there and I know how difficult it can be. Sending you big hugs.
    Alice
    All dogs go to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sally I am so sorry for your sad loss. My thoughts are with you and your hubby. We are still sad and my hubby cries at times when we talk about our past babies.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete