About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Saturday 28 July 2012

Olympic Torch & a card

Hello everyone x


It's a glorious day here today. Gonna have a BBQ, few friends & family over, getting in the mood for the Olympics.


How fabulous was that opening ceremony! Really enjoyed watching it, did you?


I have a few pics to show. On Thursday afternoon the Olympic Torch passed in Queenstown Rd. Had to go & cheer the runner on.


I have also made a card for two challenges (WOC & Promarker).


Here are the pics ..... Sorry if it's picture heavy, but gotta share with ya Lol
















I do hope you enjoyed these pictures.
It was a great atmosphere.

Now onto my card


Inside of card 

WHAT I USED :

CARD STOCK: Anna Marie Designs.
IMAGE: Tilda (not sure of her title, but won as part of blog candy).
PROMARKERS: Used to colour image.
BLACK CARD: From £1 shop.
PAPERS: My mind's eye 6x6 pad.
DOILEY: From a cake supply shop in Selsey.
CIRCULAR DIES: Nellie's multi frames MFD 005.
FLOWERS: Wild Orchid Crafts.
LEAVES: Marianne Design Creatables LR0106.
EMBOSSING FOLDER: Cuttlebug 'spots & dots).
PEARLS: The Hobby House.
BORDER PUNCH: By Tonic Studios.
HAT PIN: Wild Orchid Crafts.
RIBBON: Recycled from a present.

I SHALL BE ENTERING MY CARD IN TO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Wild Orchid Crafts - Challenge 55 (Round in Circles).
Promarker - (Feeling Fruity), colours or actual fruits.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you enjoyed the pics & look forward to your comments x




13 comments:

  1. Lucky you hosting the Olympics!
    Thanks for sharing the pictures!
    Go Canada! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures Sally,I think this Olympic occasion has really cheered people up this year. The organizers have really involved us the public in it.

    Your card is gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning sally.gorgeous sweet tilda and i love your design and fab fruity colours.
    Great pics of the torch too.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Olympic photo's Sally thank you for sharing them with us. It is a great atmosphere, we went to watch when it came to Stevenage. Totally cute card Sally. Love it.

    Hope to see you this time in Sept at Ally Pally?

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures Sally. I think the opening ceremony was fab, Mr Bean was so funny! Loved "James Bond" with the Queen as well.
    Your card is gorgeous. Love the star border and the inside.
    Hope you have a great day.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great time was had Sally. Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card! Love those colors you used. The paper is awesome!! And the image is so cute. …..

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos Sally, I really enjoyed seeing them, thank you for sharing and your card is ever so pretty, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool to get to see the torch! I thought the opening ceremonies were fantastic and so well done.
    Great card. Love how you've colored her up and the die cuts are perfect for your design.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Olympic pics! Love your card too - gorgeous design! Thanks for joining in my fruity challenge at PFP and I'm sorry I'm so late commenting!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Must be fantastic to have the olympics come to your home town. I'm green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card!
    Thanks for playing at WOC Challenge.
    Hugs Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Thanks for joining Wild Orchid Challenge this time x

    ReplyDelete