About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Sunday 12 August 2012

50th Birthday Card

Good Sunday evening to you all x

The closing ceremony of the Olympics has just started on tv. I am recording it too, although I am sure it will be available on Dvd soon.

What a week I have had, today has been sooo bloomin hetic!

My Daughter got her temporary accommodation on Tuesday. I must say I was quite shocked at what she has to live with for at least 9 months or so. It is a room with a kitchenette. She has her own toilet but will have to share a bathroom. Thankfully it got a lick of paint to freshen it all up. Me & hubby bought her a fridge freezer (coz she can take it with her when she gets her proper place). My Mum got her a mini oven (coz the one that was there was rank rotten). Father in law got her a microwave. Hubby moved her in. She has a lovely sofa bed too. 
When I went there on Friday I was so much happier. Although this is going to sound very silly... but its true.... the room looks more spacious with all her bits in it. She has a nice big rug being delivered from Ikea on Wednesday & some curtains to hang up. 

My youngest son was not feeling well on Friday morning. I had the window cleaners round & got him out of bed early!!
Anyway, today he was still under the weather, bad stomach cramps & feeling nauseous. I decided to take him to the walk in clinic. He saw the Doctor who then told me to take him to A&E because she said he may have appendicitis !
So off we went 4 hours up there, but thankfully just had gastroenteritis. Just got to take things easy & drink plenty of fluids.

And lastly ... my Father in law suffers with ulcerated ankles. This occured when he had a bike accident in his younger days. During the week he was not feeling too good. His ankles playing him mary hell. Could not even walk on them!! He is such a coward when it comes to hospitals BUT he finally went there on Saturday.  The doctor drew a grid on his leg because he had a visible line going up his leg. It started at his shin & is way past his knee. They have given him strong antibiotics via an injection so it acts more rapidly. He has an abses inside the ankle & if it does not react to the meds, then he will have to have an op to drain it away. The worse thing that will happen is him having his leg amputated!! 

So, had so much to deal with.... talk about "it don't rain it pours".

Are you still with me????

I do have a card ... My Brother has a 50th party to attend in September. This is what he gave me to work with on the card. He asked if I could try & do a similar border to the invite on the card.

Here is what I came up with.

Easel Card



A NICE DECORATED BOX TO MATCH THE CARD 

I shall be entering my card in to the following challenges:
Fab & Funky - Rhinestones or Pearls.
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes.
The poodles Parlour - Let's see those Die Cuts.
Whoopsie Daisy - Anything Goes.
No Matter Which - Anything Goes.
Dream Valley - Die Cuts & Punches.

What I used :

CARD STOCK: Anna Marie designs.
GOLD MIRROR BOARD: Purchased from craft shop.
NUMBERS'50' & 'th': Cute Companions patchwork number sets. ( I stamped and used a template).
STARS: Also from patchwork number sets.
BORDER AROUND CARD: Got off the net. I used 'paint' programme to rub out unwanted text.
FLOURISHES: Marianne design creaTables:  LR0116.
SPELLBINDERS NESTABILITIES: Labels 1.
FINE GOLD GLITTER: Purchased at Alexander Palace.
PEARLS: Meiflower.
CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE & GLASSES: Crafter's Companion platinum popcorn the bear 'Lovely Bubbly'.
PROMARKERS: Used to colour numbers & bottle/glasses.
SENTIMENT: Produced on laptop.
HAT PIN: From Wild Orchid Crafts.
FLOWERS & STAMENS: Wild Orchid Crafts, won as part of blog candy & craft shop.
LEAVES: Punch purchased fron Hobby Craft Store.

Blimey... glad you stayed with me, Lol. 
Hopefully it ain't took you as long to read this post as it did for me to type it! Lol.

18 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Sally this is brilliant what a fantastic design I love the colours and embellishments a superb creation.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH bother!
    You're right, it's pouring!
    Hope everything gets better soon!
    Watched the Closing of the Olympics!
    Awesome show!
    Great job London!
    Oh yes!
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Sally so much to put up with !!!!Your card is gorgeous love the design and a gorgeous box too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally, your card is fantstic, you have matched it perfectly with the invite, love the colours and the gorgeous flowers too.
    Sounds like you've had the week from hell mi luv. Glad your daughter is somewhat settled now and your son didn't have to have an op! Sure hope the treatment works for your FIL too. Think you need a hol hun.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear you have a rough week sally.i hope i calmer this week and your card is great, fabulous design and i love the colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you really have a hectic week! Hopefully everything has settled down now.

    Your card is gorgeous!

    Thank for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! this is stunning. I really love the design and all the detailing is wonderful.
    I'm so sorry to hear that had such a difficult week, I hope that things calm down for you now.
    Thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous card and you did a great job of recreating the border.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweetie what a terrible time you have had this past week. I hope everyone is better soon and your daughter loves her accommodation. What a gorgeous card and box you have managed to create amongst all your troubles.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card and box Sally, they're gorgeous! Sorry to hear you've had such a tough week hun xx Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creation... great colours & design...love it.. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy... May x

    ReplyDelete
  12. O my goodness Sally what a dreadful; time you and your family have had , your card is just fantastic what a star well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow it's not just pouring, you're in the middle of monsoon! I hope all calms down for you soon.
    Lovely card and just love all of the shapes and textures you've used.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card & sorry you have had a lot to deal with lately. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley this week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card, sorry you've had such a bad week. Hope next one is better. Thanks for joining us at NMW challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful birthday card. Hopefully things are going better for you. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sally,
    Oh dear, sounds like you've been having a right time of it lately..I do hope things are improving for you and your family.
    Oh this i just Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the images, the colour scheme is just perfect and the embellishments look simply fabulous. Fab card and matching box too. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete