About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 27 years and have three children,aged 28, 26, and 21. I have been blessed with Three Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I am a create and craft member. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Christmas Cards

Good afternoon to you all & thanks for stopping by my blog today x


I made four small Christmas cards yesterday, using my new dies from Spellbinders. I am sooo glad I purchased them because they look very effective.


I purchased my cards ages ago from Anna Marie designs, & to be honest I did not imagine them to be as small as they was (10cm x 10cm), but now I have worked with them, they are just perfect for what I want.


I have used all four colours that came in the package & have used them for the snowflakes too, apart from the largest one. I decided to try & glitter one up (but too fiddly), I then settled with using mirror card. The corners inside each card match the largest snowflake colour.


Hope you like them & look forward to your views (good & bad) x



Close up of one of the cards.
I generated the tag on my laptop. It says "Merry Christmas from Sally & Lee x".
This saves me writing, just need to add the persons name. 

Inside of cards.
Sentiment says " Glad Tidings we bring to you and your kin". 

What I used:

SMALL SQUARE CARDS: By Anna Marie designs.
SNOWFLAKES: Spellbinders Shapeabilities (create-a-flake Four).
EMBOSSING FOLDER: Crafter's Companion 'Snowflakes'.
CRYSTAL GEMS: Meiflower.
FINE GLITTER: Purchased at Alexander Palace.
TAG WITH SENTIMENT: Generated on laptop.
TWINE: Had in my stash.
CORNERS: Also from the Spellbinders set.
INSIDE FRAME: Nellie's multi frames MFD 005.
DISTRESS INK: Rangers 'Antique Linen'.
SENTIMENT & SNOWFLAKE STAMP: Crafter's Companion 'Glad Tidings' stamp set.

I shall be entering my card into the following Challenges:

Hippity with ippity - GHW1 #23 (Christmas in July with a tag).
Lexis Creations - (Christmas in July).
The poodles parlour - (anything goes).

Thanks again for taking time to read & comment on my blog post today. It means a lot & you know I shall be on my way over to visit you too x