About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Christmas Cards

Good afternoon to you all & thanks for stopping by my blog today x


I made four small Christmas cards yesterday, using my new dies from Spellbinders. I am sooo glad I purchased them because they look very effective.


I purchased my cards ages ago from Anna Marie designs, & to be honest I did not imagine them to be as small as they was (10cm x 10cm), but now I have worked with them, they are just perfect for what I want.


I have used all four colours that came in the package & have used them for the snowflakes too, apart from the largest one. I decided to try & glitter one up (but too fiddly), I then settled with using mirror card. The corners inside each card match the largest snowflake colour.


Hope you like them & look forward to your views (good & bad) x



Close up of one of the cards.
I generated the tag on my laptop. It says "Merry Christmas from Sally & Lee x".
This saves me writing, just need to add the persons name. 

Inside of cards.
Sentiment says " Glad Tidings we bring to you and your kin". 

What I used:

SMALL SQUARE CARDS: By Anna Marie designs.
SNOWFLAKES: Spellbinders Shapeabilities (create-a-flake Four).
EMBOSSING FOLDER: Crafter's Companion 'Snowflakes'.
CRYSTAL GEMS: Meiflower.
FINE GLITTER: Purchased at Alexander Palace.
TAG WITH SENTIMENT: Generated on laptop.
TWINE: Had in my stash.
CORNERS: Also from the Spellbinders set.
INSIDE FRAME: Nellie's multi frames MFD 005.
DISTRESS INK: Rangers 'Antique Linen'.
SENTIMENT & SNOWFLAKE STAMP: Crafter's Companion 'Glad Tidings' stamp set.

I shall be entering my card into the following Challenges:

Hippity with ippity - GHW1 #23 (Christmas in July with a tag).
Lexis Creations - (Christmas in July).
The poodles parlour - (anything goes).

Thanks again for taking time to read & comment on my blog post today. It means a lot & you know I shall be on my way over to visit you too x

22 comments:

  1. Wow these are FABULOUS what super dies and what fantastic cards well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally, these cards are fabulous. I love those dies, really elegant. I love the embossing too.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Sally ,both inside and out.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they are gorgeous Sally! Great snowflakes die.
    It almost looks like it's made of metal.
    Hope you have a lovely evening.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Sally - love that die.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word Sally these are ACE, those dies are fantastic I really love the colours you have used super work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas cards! Those dies are amazing and the embossing is a great touch.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and beautiful Christmas cards Sally.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. so gorgeous sally.fab designs and i love the snowflakes ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are beautiful - very nicely done! Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time! Good luck in the Challenge.

    Chrizette
    DT Member
    Celestial Things

    PS I have a giveaway starting on my blog tomorrow if you want to drop by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again :) Beautiful cards :) Thank you for joining us at The Poodles Parlour this time! Good luck in the Challenge.

    Chrizette
    DT Member
    Celestial Things

    PS Drop by my blog tomorrow for my new giveaways starting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look awesome Sally and you have made a small area look great. I must admit I have not made small cards for ages and don't think I could do it now. I haven't got your talent.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. very creative projects!!!! love the snowflakes!!!!
    tfs:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely set of cards, love the snowflakes.

    If you want to try adding some sparkle - use spray glue and then sprinkle on some fine glitter (I use glamour dust). I keep a shallow box to lay things in when I spray them, but lift them out before sprinkling the glitter on or you'll have a box full of glitter lol :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your beautiful cards.I like to make some small cards and thanks for sharing your ideas .The snowflakes look fab !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your beautiful cards.I like to make some small cards and thanks for sharing your ideas .The snowflakes look fab !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are amazing christmas cards. elegant and delightfully golden!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are beautiful! I can see why you like the dies so much! Thanks for playing along at Get Hippity with Ippity!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow you have been busy great eye candy
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Christmas cards are gorgeous! Ani
    P.S. We have a candy over at Card Mania Challenges, if you're interested...

    ReplyDelete