About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Sunday 13 January 2013

Lots a Glitz


Hello my dear blogging friends.

I do have a card for you today ..... keeping up with my New Years Resolution, Lol.

BUT ..... before I share that with you I have a two photos to show ya.

The 1st one is of the Shard, the tallest building in Western Europe. It's a 95-storey skyscraper & opens to the public  on 1st Feb 2013. It cost £25.00 a ticket & I am seriously thinking about it. My hubby will not be able to cope with it, but I am trying to convince my work colleagues (who are my good friends), to come along.
I had to go to Guys Hospital on Tuesday last week to have growth quaterized on my chest. All went well & thankfully I did not feel a thing, lol.

I must say that this photo does not have the same effect as being there!

The next one is of my Grandson Eddy giving his Grandad a cuddle & falling asleep. He is suffering badly with his teething, so wish I could take that pain away!!!


Now on to my card:
This is showing the front & part of the inside


Close up of Boobie Love


What I Used:

Card Stock: By Crafters Companion & you can buy it HERE.
Image: 'Boobie Love' - a freebie from Saturated Canary, you can gets yours HERE.
Promarkers: Used to colour Image.
Fine Glitters: Purchased from Alexander Palace £1 a scoop.
Paper: Papermania Inspirations colossal paper pack 6" x 6" 'Black & White'.
Glitter Sheet: purchased in a pack of 10 from Wilkinsons store.
Pearls: Meiflower.
Corner Punch: Xcut.
Black Mesh: Purchased from a knitting shop in Lingfield.
White Organza Ribbon: Local craft shop.
Pink Glitzy Gem: Wild Orchid Crafts, (I won as part of blog candy). Get yours HERE.
White Embossed card: Craftwork Cards, got my pack from The Craft Barn in Lingfield.

I shall be entering my card in to the following challenges:

Inky Chicks - 1st challenge 'Anything Goes'.
Simon Says Stamps - Black/White + a splash of colour.

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog & read my post. I look forward to reading your comments & will be over to visit you too x

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,love the details and fabulous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the black & white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures Sally and very pretty card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card, Sally. I love your photo of the shard, but I don't think I would cope either - I don't like heights! Good to hear your hospital appointment went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally love the photos you are showing in this post, I think it would be amazing to visit the building it does look awesome, that second picture is so lovely, the card looks fantastic, the image is beautiful so is the card fold, colours and embellishments, ACE work. I also had a look at your Rusty he is a handsome lad.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't fancy that at all Sally, no head for heights:( Hope you get to go though. Poor we grandson, its a miserable time getting them and harder even to keep them! Love your gorgeous card, its a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an amazing place to go visit! Wow, great pics! I hope little Eddy gets over teething really quick. My little Granddaughter is going thru the same:(
    Your card is amazing and so fabulous! Love the awesome image and the embossing looks beautiful! TFS!
    Have a great Monday!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sally great photo's I would love a trip to the top, and your poor grandson, two of my grandchildren are suffering at the moment too.
    Your card is gorgeous I love the image and your choice of colours fab design too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so stunning sally.really fantastic image and i love your design and sparkle :D
    that skyscraper looks amazing but i would have to stay on the ground floor and lovely pic of your grandson and hubby.I don`t know if boots still sell it but i used teething powder( it used o come in boxes with individual sachets inside) from there and its fantastic when little ones are in pain.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sally, I am not sure if I could even cope with that height. Hubby certainly wouldn't. A very sweet picture of your hubby and grandson. Hope he gets over his teething pain soon.

    Your card is awesome sweetie. Fab layout and colouring.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I wouldn't be able to go there, i don't like heights!
    I hope you grand son is feeling better.
    Your card is gorgeous Sally! Love the black and white and the image is beautiful.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it Sally! She has lots of attitude and sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sally, this card is so gorgeous!! Love the card fold design and the fun sparkle!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab photo's that building certainly does look tall, I love your card, the image is fab and the fold and papers are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great pics and fabulous sparkle on your card - love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sally, your photographs are fabulous - I love seeing what people are 'up to' or am I just nosy???
    Your card is stunning, I love your colour scheme and and a fabulous design. Your beautifully sparkled SC image is adorable and gorgeous detailing.

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sally, ooooh one seriously stunning card! Such a sweet image and a fabuloous colour scheme.

    Great pictures as well - although I'm in Lincs now I'm originally from London, then Essex and we came back to show the little one London last year, my goodness it had changed so much!! So many new buildings, I quite lost my way around!!! Would love to go up in the Shard, but hubby wouldn't have it, he cannot do heights at all - had to stand in the middle of the pod on the Eye and not look up or down just stared out into the mid-distance!!!

    Cute pic of your grandson as well, hope his teething pains calm down soon.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. bless, these piccies are so awesome!
    Lovin your wee little creation, wonderful image and I love what you have created woth her! A stunner!
    Hugs, Alessandra

    ReplyDelete