About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Monday 18 February 2013

It's a knockout

Good afternoon everyone x

I am on one weeks holiday (half term), much needed I can tell ya, lol.

The weather has been quite nice here for the last few days. Put's you in such a better mood. I decided to have a proper Spring clean today. It feels soooo good to have everything done. Now I can get on with crafting.

Yesterday I decided to have a bash at making cake pops. I purchased the silicone mould. I can tell you, mine turned out a disaster!!! Lol.
I used a chocolate sponge cake mix & then white chocolate & sprinkles to decorate. 
First of all the bloomin mould was not sealed properly, hense the mixture spread out. Should have left them longer to cool down, coz some sponge stayed in mould, even though it was well greased. Melted chocolate in microwave, stuck in sticks then added to cake pop. I went in too far, some just  slid down !!! Well, when it came to covering the cake pops, I got in such a mess & it was like keeping spinning plates going, lol.
Still, I will NOT give up. I will try again.

A few weeks back I won some blog candy off of Donna @ Bearly Mine Designs. I got a total of 80 stamps & each one is lovely.
I made a thank you card for Donna & she has let me know that she has got it, so now I can share it with you all x

Hope you like ........ 
Front of card

Inside of card 

What I used:

Image: Not sure of her name (can anyone help me out with this?)
Flexmarkers: Used to colour image.
Black card: £1 shop.
Papers: Had in my stash.
Black glitter sheet: Purchased in a pack of 10 sheets 2 colours.
Distress Ink: Victorian velvet.
Pearls: Meiflower.
Spellbinders Shapeabilities: Fancy framed tags two.
Doiley: Purchased in Selsey.
Sentiment: Produced on laptop.
Ribbon: From a friends Nan.
Flowers: WOC ( large flower & pink roses)
                            Reddish flowers.... not sure where from!!

I shall be entering my card into the following challenges:

Challenges 4 Everybody - #14 (Anything Goes).
Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes.
Lady Annes challenges - Anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I look forward to reading your comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day where ever you are x

18 comments:

  1. really beautifull ! Hugs joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stunning sally.i love your papers and design and really gorgeous image, huge congrats on your big win :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sally! She's adorable . Sorry about your cake pops,maybe next time they'll behave for you! I hope you got to eat some icing anywayLOL

    Hugs,
    Kristi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Sally, I like the sassy image, the papers and the doily.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Sally and such a lovely gesture. Enjoy the stamps.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I love the image and the layout. I hope your next attempt with the cake pops goes well, although I am sure your first attempts were still probably yummy which is the main thing. Hope you have a lovely week off
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Sally, a great design and gorgeous colours and papers.
    Your image is stunning and fantastic details.

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card inside and out. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, and papers, fabulous image which you have coloured so nicely. Love the inside too. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh those cake pops sound hard work Sally!! I was going to get some of those moulds but I've heard a few people say it gets very messy!! LOL - think I will stick to my bun tin!!
    your card is really beautiful hun! what a fab image and I love the pretty paper and embellies! :-))
    Hope you are keeping well
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun card!! Love your darling layout and your coloring is fabulous my dear!! :) Have a lovely weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this adorable....the image is just precious and I love how you used the doily!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby card. great layout :) Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sally this is gorgeous, I adore the wonderful papers, colours and design and what a hot chick that image is. Sally I want to thank you for the lovely comment that you left on my blog it really meant so much to me.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sally, this is gorgeous hun. Love the colours and the image is wonderful. Hope you are well rested after your break.
    How's your Grandson Eddy coming along? They grow up so quickly.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sally, this is gorgeous, I love this image that you used and style of your card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card!!!!! Love the idea of you decorating the inside!!!!!
    tfs:)

    ReplyDelete